Saturday, February 28, 2009

night from hell

OK so I just got home (4:20 am) from work. I got out at 12:40. At around 1:10, I was just merging onto I-15 when I thought "I can't wait to get home.....I'm starving!"

Then it got really frustrating, and probably expensive.

About a minute later, I am wondering "wait, why is my car vibrating?" Somewhere in between getting on the interstate and thinking of dinner, I blew my tire. Lovely! Now I am stuck in the breakdown lane of the busiest section of the busiest highway in Nevada. No prob, I will just call Allstate.....that's what I have roadside assistance for!

45 min wait. Fuck.

About an hour later, I get a call from the guy coming asking where on the highway I was, and if it is safe to change a tire there. Of course, I have no idea. It's as safe as its gonna be, I guess. It's about as safe as it sounds......changing a tire on the interstate. After telling him that I was in the safest possible place, I realized I wasn't telling this guy what he wanted to hear. Which is perfectly understandable, I guess. I just called him for assistance.....I'm not about to call him a pussy. So he says he will call a tow truck to bring me to a safer place where he "will take care of the rest". OK!

30 min later, I am still waiting, and now freezing. Let me put the heat on.

Car won't start. 90 minutes of having my hazard lights on KILLED MY MOTHERFUCKING BATTERY.

Now I call again (I was putting it off so as not to be impatient.....again I called THEM for assistance doing something any man should know how to do) to see whats taking so long and to say now I need a jump.

My earlier service call was somehow CANCELED. Presumably by the guy that called me. So another 10 min on the phone (with this dispatcher saying she has to find different service, which makes me think the first guy wanted NOTHING to do with me, and apparently that company wouldn't come out) and finally someone will be coming.....

Within 30-40 min.

Remember when I said I was really hungry earlier? I wasn't anymore. My body basically fed off itself.

Finally the world's greatest man came to help me and I am on my way.

But wait, this time with the "service engine soon" light on. Which wasn't there before. And my car was literally shaking on the way home, to the point where I was literally holding the dashboard to mute the sound. $14000 after buying it, I am holding it in one piece while driving it. Great. This on top of the $250 fine I got in the mail today because of my insurance.

Needless to say, I finally ended up home safe. Presumably much broker, but safe. And I now have to cancel my trip home in 2 weeks....I have a car to fix. Besides, the night couldn't have been that bad.....I am here drinking a beer and writing to noone in particular asthere is nobody to talk to. And the beer is being consumed so the night isn't a total waste.

Sitting there staring at Exit 40 for 3 hours gave me a lot of time to think, but unfortunately when you are in that situation, most thoughts aren't positive. Thoughts such as....."why the fuck did I buy a Saturn in the first place?!?!?!?"

And here's another one that isn't positive. I don't know why I wrote this, or who the hell is going to read this. As if everyone don't have their own problems.

I'll shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment