Monday, February 2, 2009

i love gambling

I had to work for the Super Bowl. I didn't care......I figured the game would suck. And for the most part, I was right. I did, however, take an early lunch and catch the last 8 minutes in the only place anyone should ever watch a Super Bowl.

A sports book in Vegas.

That was one of the best endings to a Super Bowl ever, and thankfully I was able to catch it with a bunch of degenerates thinking they were going to win cash. It sure looked that way, especially when everyone there lost their shit when Fitzgerald scored with 2 minutes left. People there LOST THEIR FUCKING MINDS. I couldn't care less about either team, but that was pretty goddamn cool.

I just like the weird atmosphere you get in these places. I was only down there for 10-15 minutes, but saw some guys practically crying, more jumping for joy more than they probably should, and another guy in a Steelers jersey plotting the demise of some guy who was taunting him. Oh, and some dummy next to me who kept hounding her husband to explain football. With 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl. Stay home next time, stupid.

The moral of the story? Gambling is good. So are lunch breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment